Pixabay.com /Public Domain jager01
“Grief never ends…but it changes. It’s a passage, not a place to stay. Grief is not a sign of weakness, nor a lack of faith… It is the price of love.” Unknown Author
There are so many golden nuggets to be gleaned from this one quote.
- Grief is something we will all have to face at one time or another in our lives
- Grief is pretty much an ongoing ’emotional’ aspect
- It changes us
- Most important – grief should never be a dwelling place, a place in life where we get stuck and where we end up moving in. It is a journey designed to change and empower but also teach us
- Grief should never be viewed as a weakness, frailty or disability
- Grief strengthens our faith in that we can be assured of our loved one being much better off if they had faith to believe God’s Word for salvation
- Grief gives us a future hope of heaven
When God designed us, He also designed grief as part of the process we would go through to heal. Always remember – everyone grieves and mourns in their own unique way and there are no prescribed processes or ways of grieving.
Pr Paddick Van Zyl
© Paddick Van Zyl – Laus Deo Ministries & Coram Deo Ministries